Pages


Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Race Schedule 2011 Update!

Last week was crazy!  I feel like I should retitle my blog as the Tardy TriScientist!  I am working on my Lifetime Fitness Indoor Triathlon race report (tonight should post), but here are some quick tidbits:

Race Schedule:

June 5th:  Minneapolis Half-Marathon. I will be running the Half-Marathon with Team in Training!

June 11th:  ALARC Legends 5K (Thanks to Steve Stenzel for the free race entry! Check out his blog: Steve in a Speedo?! Gross!)

June 25th:  Go Commando!  I am going to be getting dirty, jumping, climbing, and having a blast doing this 5K.  I need a costume...dress as a superhero? or just do it wearing a thong? LOL!

July 9th:  Minneapolis Triathlon: Sprint Distance...my first outdoor Tri!

August 21st: 13.1 Minneapolis or Brewhouse Triathlon? Tentative....What do YOU think?

August 28th:  Minneapolis Duathlon....tentative...would be my first duathlon

September 4th:  Kauai Marathon with Team in Training...my goal is to raise $5000 to help find a cure for blood cancers.


Ok, that looks really ambitious...to me at least.  I am excited about the Go Commando race and also the Minneapolis Tri (and anxious about that one).  I really need to go get my bike fitted, especially since I haven't really biked (sp?) in years.  I will have to use my trusty hybrid mountain bike, I don't want to buy a tri-bike till I know for sure I like the sport.  I just hope the bike can do the tri ok. 
I did purchase some nice Tri-shorts (Pearl Izumi elite, In-R-Cool lining) that are amazing!  I will have a post on those too coming up soon.  Maybe good ol' Pearl will send me some free goodies for liking all those products...one can only hope!

3 comments:

  1. The fact that you're competing in the summer has my jaw dropped! I'm like Frosty on the first sunny day! I just wilt. I wish I were one of those people that could love a sunny race day with 80 degree temps. I fear them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do them all! JK. If the MPLS tri goes well, I'd do the Brewhouse, I've heard good things about it. Same goes for the MPLS duathlon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do the Du!! Kristine, Tammy & I are doing the DU!!!

    ReplyDelete