Pages


Monday, January 17, 2011

My first blog post!

A blogger, me? But I think in our time and age, almost everyone is a blogger in some shape or form.   I guess I am a just a late starter, I guess like how I started running.  That was back in 2009, when I first stepped onto a treadmill as a way to shake up my cardio routine at the gym.  Back then, I was pretty overweight, obese even, and I had decided to start exercising to change that....but that's a whole story in of itself.  I will post that story soon  on why I chose to get healthy and lead an active lifestyle.  With pictures to boot, which are shocking at how I look back then.  More to come!


The emphasis on my blog will be my training for the different endurance events I plan on doing for the 2011 season.  I am continuing my commitment to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training (www.teamintraining.org) and I am a Mentor for the Summer Marathon Season!  I will be mentoring runners from the St. Paul and South East Metro for the Minneapolis and San Diego Rock 'N Roll marathons.  I am so excited to be doing this, last year as a TnT member I ran Twin Cities Marathon and had a blast and met some really amazing people.  Thanks to all my family and friends I raised over $2000 to find a cure for blood cancers.  February 5th is the kickoff for the season and I cant wait!  With my training for the marathon I will also be training for my first ever triathlon; the Lifetime Fitness Triathlon on July 9th!  I have 6 months to learn how to swim LOL!  Keep coming back and seeing my progress and also read about my life in general.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment